Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gsm model interfacing to pc via hyper terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit251291

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect gsm modem to pc via hyper terminal. i entered on restore defaults.
but when i start typing i can see nothing in that hyper terminal screen.
so i checked "echo typed characters locally" from ASCII settings. so now i could see typed syntax.
then i typed "AT"
but then i did not get any response like "ok" or "Error"..

My friend is having same modem.. but when he connects it to pc via hyper terminal, he get the response and also he did not need to check "echo typed characters locally".. whatever he was typing he could see directly...

Can any one help??

Make sure that the following is set correctly in hyperterminal:

Baud rate (Bits per second)
Data bits (usually 8)
Parity (none/even/odd)
Stop bits (usually 1)
Flow control (Xon/Xoff/Hardware)

The GSM modem datasheet should specify what the settings should be.

Also if you are using flow control make sure that the serial cable you are using have the required handshaking lines connected.

Baud rate = 9600
Data bits = 8
Parity = none
Stop bits = 1
Flow control = none

actually i used this defaults settings.... still i am not getting it.... :(:(
RS232 cable works good with the other modem.... :eek:

act both modems were not packed properly.. I am using SIM300. locally available one.

Thank you for that terminal program..:)
same thing happened with this also... i neither got "OK" nor "error"..
now i think that serial port or max232 of this modem is damaged..:(:(

Do you have schematics of your design? Did you check is your command reach the modem?

Do you have schematics of your design? Did you check is your command reach the modem?

schematics of what?? i took GSM modem and connected it to COM1 via RS232.

open hyper terminal. and entered default settings. tried to Type "AT" but did not get any reply like "OK" or "Error".. i.e. the same problem i mentioned earlier.
i have used almost all possible baud rates till now..

by the way is there any other way to check if command is reaching the modem?? what's that?? :eek:

OK you have modem inside box and RS232 through DB9 connector, am I right? You need to describe your equipment precise if you want help.
So..what to do. Inside of box there is a level converter, probably some MAX chip. Try to open box and monitor communication pins. That how I would try to do.
Did you checked your cable that connect modem and PC, is it OK?

yeah RS232 and PC are OK:)
ok i will try that too:)
Thank you:)

QUOTE=electronicsbasecom;1142820]OK you have modem inside box and RS232 through DB9 connector, am I right? You need to describe your equipment precise if you want help.
So..what to do. Inside of box there is a level converter, probably some MAX chip. Try to open box and monitor communication pins. That how I would try to do.
Did you checked your cable that connect modem and PC, is it OK?[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back