Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM/GPRS Wavecom MODEM CONFIGRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

afzalkhan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wavecom connecting to ip address

Hi..

I want to connect 2 GSM/GPRS Wavecom modem using GPRS link.

Right Now, I am having two sim cards and I can dial the number to other modem by using
ATD123456;

But this connection is establised in voice mode and not in data mode of GPRS. I have checked the sim on mobile and it shows GPRS connectivity , however I am not sure about Modem Settings of GPRS. .. I have the APN and IP address...

Also one more query.... once GPRS settings are done on modem, will the modem dial out without using the colon (;) after the number... that means in data mode..

Can anyone please guide me to setup my modems so I can stablished the link between the 2 GSM/GPRS modem and transfer data on GPRS....

All helps are welcomed as this is very urgent I have till now only worked on GSM communication and not on GPRS communication.

Thanking You

Afzal

how to setup a gprs ststic ip data link

afzalkhan said:
Hi..

I want to connect 2 GSM/GPRS Wavecom modem using GPRS link.

Right Now, I am having two sim cards and I can dial the number to other modem by using
ATD123456;

But this connection is establised in voice mode and not in data mode of GPRS. I have checked the sim on mobile and it shows GPRS connectivity , however I am not sure about Modem Settings of GPRS. .. I have the APN and IP address...

Also one more query.... once GPRS settings are done on modem, will the modem dial out without using the colon (;) after the number... that means in data mode..

Can anyone please guide me to setup my modems so I can stablished the link between the 2 GSM/GPRS modem and transfer data on GPRS....

All helps are welcomed as this is very urgent I have till now only worked on GSM communication and not on GPRS communication.

Thanking You

Afzal

Hi Afzal,

Fist tell me these.

1. Wavecom module mane
2. Firmware version

You can find the attachment, here At command list is there. It will help u to start using the GPRS .

regards
shirsanka

gprs wavecom

Hey dude,

A sim card will have two numbers, one is voice number and another is data number,

Through at comands voice call can be made by give semicolon in the last. atd1234567890;

Data call can be made by dialing data number of the sim card and without semi colon. atd9876543210

When pressing enter in your keyboard by giving this command data call will be establish in between two gsm/gprs modules

For data call facility call your network provider to activate data number of the sim card.
both sim card need to be activated by data call facility.
Speak particularly to the technical person of your network provider for getting the data call number and for activating data call facility.

wavecom modem

Thanks both of you....
The manual provided was useful.. Now I am able to connect to the internet from both of my GPRS modem....

Next step is how do I transfer data between two computer / or machines using GPRS. Also i have noticed that the GPRS IP is dynamic..... Any suggestions on how to transfer data BETWEEN two GPRS modems........or between a GPRS and say another home computer connected to Public IP or any IPS provider with a Static IP.

Thanks guys....looking forward to hear more...

Regards
Afzal

which sim card for wavecom modem

As per AT document of Q2686 page no 26/155 clearly says ATD0123456789;for voice call.and ATD0123456789 for data call or fax.change is semicolon(;);one more fact is that for GPRS connectivity sim should be activated separately through network provider because known fact is that where ever GSM is available,not mandatory that GPRS also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.