Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM/GPRS SIM300CZ problem, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung Mai

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I have just bought the GPRS module which using the SIM300CZ.
By following the instruction of Mr "GSM Man" at thread:
it seems that I was able to connect to the google.com.
As the connection has been established, I try to execute the command "AT+CIPSEND", after this command, the modem response to Hyperterminal like this:
> - indicates that it's ready to receive data
But the problem I'm facing with is that after the modem response this notification, the connection is "CLOSED" almost immediately (within 1 or 2 seconds).
One thing I have mentioned is that: After the connection has been established (by this command AT+CIPSTART="TCP","www.google.com","80"), if I don't even type the "AT+CIPSEND", the connection is also closed automatically after a few seconds.
I tried many times, and the issue happens exactly the same. I have no idea if there is something wrong.
Please help!
Thank you.

Please provide a log of the commands you are sending prior to the "AT+CIPSEND" command and the responses from the module. It may be that you haven't actually established a connect before you are issuing the command.

Dear Mr GSM-Man,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
After spending more time on research, I have found that my module is different from yours. And the major difference is: when issuing the send command, my module requires the buffer length while your module does not. As providing the buffer length, everything works smoothly.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back