Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphical lcd in 4bit mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayjadhav.595

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
i am using a KS0108 graphical lcd . Can it be used in 4bit mode like the character lcd...

i am using a KS0108 graphical lcd . Can it be used in 4bit mode like the character lcd...

Unfortunately not as a rule, KS108/KS107 controller based graphics displays typically require 13 or 14 I/O lines.

It should also be pointed out KS108/KS107 controller based graphics displays, in comparison to HD44780 character displays, are not as "standardized."

You will need to reference the datasheet for your specific display, even when wiring the device as pinouts do not follow any set standard.

Some manufactures do offer KS108/KS107 controller based graphics displays with additional hardware which provide I2C, UART or SPI lower pin count interfaces.

If lower pin count interfaces are required, consider the using a GLCD which is ST7565 controller based, which typically only require only 4 or 5 I/O lines.

BigDog

thanks for the advice...
can you suggest a color graphical lcd with an SPI or I2C interface

Hi,

There are lots of SPI Glcds out there, its more a case of what resolution you are needing and, more importantly, what devices are readily available in your part of the world.

They are not the easiest of devices to program up, so you might be better looking for one that you can first find the software/project for.

Hi,

There are lots of SPI Glcds out there, its more a case of what resolution you are needing and, more importantly, what devices are readily available in your part of the world.

128x64 resolution is good enough for me...
do tell me even if you have details of one with a higher resolution

Hi,

I have only use these displays with in various colours .

They are very handy for diy use because they plug into ic type 0.1" sockets, many modern glcds use those very fine fdc flexible cables and the micro smd connectors.

No idea if they are available over your way ?

https://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/grafik/dogl128-6e.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.