Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphic lcd user interface design tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEA

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am about to design a new menusystem for a graphic lcd. I work with a MSP430 controller and a 64x128 pixel display. I'm using RAMTEX display routines. The menu system handles parameters, temperatures, status...

Last time I did a meny system with 100 rows I ended up in several 1000 lines of C-structures for bahavior description and a excel sheet for multilang text input + a program for excel to C-source conversion etc.

My quiestion is if there is any design tools availible that helps me designing it? Or do I have to develop a tool by my self ? The design tool should have C-source output.

Hi BEA,

I don't want to change your design approach to graphic LCD. If you did used RAMTEX display routine means you afford to spend some money since these display routines are not available on "usual channels"
However you can try using Graphical Operating System in Silicon that reduces the development time, as well as the hardware-software integration phase in embedded systems.
Take a look at this solution even if you've never used an HTML editor before.
**broken link removed**
I'm not trying to advertise the product. Just reveal his strength.

Only a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.