Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS Tracker using SIM908

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post the link where it is mentioned that charging Li ion battery by built-in charger can kill GPS part of the module?

Your board has two serial interface connectors. which connector have you connected to PC? The normal one or debug connector?

Read this and see if it solves your problem. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/231241/

Last edited:

Please read BuiPhamDuc's post https://www.edaboard.com/threads/231241/
I have connected normal serial interface of SIM908 to PC. I didn't touch debug serial interface. I can't understand why are you interested in serial? I had not try to sent At commands to debug serial port of SIM908. May be here i'm doing smth wrong?

sorry for my bad english :)

Thank you!!! My module works like magic!!! Problems was in my tolerance.. I've put it with switched GPS on near the window for a 30 minutes and discovered that coordinates changed. Also i noticed that inside home GPS do not works. I didn't understand one thing, why build-in charge interface could damage SIM908 ?? But in my case it works fine..

Reactions: JAI PRAKASH

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

JAI PRAKASH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Good day.
Who can provide me the last firmware with EAT support and normal? I have only 1137B02V01SIM908M64_ST_DTMF_JD_EAT
Which model of antenna better to use with GPS? Module working, but GPS coordinate very inaccurate :(

is your application working with your sim908 using EAT??
I flashed with 1137B02V01SIM908M64_ST_DTMF_JD_EAT and my aplication starting at 003E0000 and it dont start.
After module powerUP i can send and receive normal AT commands only(AT, AT+CSQ, AT+CREG? all answering fine), but my custom application dont send nothing to serial or debug port.
Please see picture below
core.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Good day.
Who can provide me the last firmware with EAT support and normal? I have only 1137B02V01SIM908M64_ST_DTMF_JD_EAT
Which model of antenna better to use with GPS? Module working, but GPS coordinate very inaccurate :(

is your application working with your sim908 using EAT??
I flashed with 1137B02V01SIM908M64_ST_DTMF_JD_EAT and my aplication starting at 003E0000 and it dont start.
After module powerUP i can send and receive normal AT commands only(AT, AT+CSQ, AT+CREG? all answering fine), but my custom application dont send nothing to serial or debug port.
Please see picture below
core.jpg

Last edited:

I've been developing a GPS tracking device using the Sim5218 module, and have everything working well. But I now want to get the device much smaller, so am thinking about using the Sim908.

I thought the AT commands used to set certain parameters and get information from the modules would be pretty much the same, but after a quick look am not so sure...
How hard would it be to port my MCU code to use the Sim908? Do both devices behave in pretty much the same fashion, with only slightly different commands?

We are a manufacturer of modem, and distributor of simcom module for 10 years. If you have any problem, pls tell us. We hope we can solve it together.

We have the capacity of desinging and making modem, so we also has the ability to do it.

Best wishes
mail:musicforevanlee@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

SIMCOM_MODULE.jpgSIMCO_MODULE.jpg

Last edited:

We are a manufacturer of modem, and distributor of simcom module for 10 years. If you have any problem, pls tell us. We hope we can solve it together.

We have the capacity of desinging and making modem, so we also has the ability to do it.

Best wishes
mail:musicforevanlee@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 93402View attachment 93403

Hi Evan,

I am looking for a SIM900 firmware supporting DTMF and EAT, I found that there should be a release named 1137B01SIM900M64_ST_DTMF_JD_EAT but could not find it on inet and our local SIM900 supplier does not have it either.
Could you please help us on this?

thanks in advance,
Jose.

Hi echo wang
i want to be your student.

please tell me how to use SIM908 GSM/GPRS+GPS Module to track on google map

as i am quite new, but very much interested in gps.
pls give just an idea

pls pls.

thnk you

Status
Not open for further replies.