Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS data format for interfacing with mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseebcu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All. I m working on a project relating to GPS car tracking and navigation systems. I m planning to interface 12xl Garmin GPS with mobile and then send my data through GPRS or sms to some site or other mobile station. Then I have to input these values in my pc from site or mobile phone. Has any one worked on GPS interfacing with mobile plz provide me with data formats of GPS and interfacing circuitary.

Re: GPS data format

Hi

Most GPS receivers use an ASCII protocol known as NMEA , this protocol use ASCII type char's to deliver the requird data

you have to pars the protocol in order to get the relevant data from it.

The best way is to use c language or any other hi level language.

If you are a begginer this might be a heavy task

tray search google for NMEA and parser

All the best

Bobi

Garmin GPS 15H & 15L Technical Specifications :

**broken link removed**

thx for the help I m working on it. If I have some other problem I will let u know,. By the way I m working on GPS for the first time in my career

GPS data format

check this :
**broken link removed**

It was really a wonderful experience working on the GPS. I really enjoyed that

Status
Not open for further replies.