Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps and gsm based tracking system using pic language

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave cannacon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
friends i am doing a project on vehicle tracking system using gsm and gps ... i am doing in pic language .... finding difficult in writing entire program as i dont know much about pic language ...so can anyone post me the program

just use C , if you mean pic assembly lang , then C is identical for all micro controllers, So please start with your project , build or get the hardware.. then start programming, show us what you have done and what you are trying to do and cant get done and I promise I would help!

just use C , if you mean pic assembly lang , then C is identical for all micro controllers, So please start with your project , build or get the hardware.. then start programming, show us what you have done and what you are trying to do and cant get done and I promise I would help!

Thats correct i will try and come back to you thanks

i have designed the circuit as attached. but unable to write program for it. if someone can help me i can tell him the program alogritham.

Attachments

• GPS-GSM-Tester Unit.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 148
start doing it this way [ i would give you the steps/algo]

this would just be getting started program that when made reset will make a call
Code:
define direction and status of ports etc
initialize serial port for 9600bps 

send a logic 1 to the pin connected to power key
delay 1 sec
send logic zero to pin connected to power key.

serial_send("AT\r");
delay 100 ms

serial_send("ATE0\r");
delay 100 ms

delay 7 sec
serial_send("ATDxxxxxxxxxx;\r"); // where xxxxxxxxx is a number u want the module to call
delay 100 ms

for(;;)

i need a code not alogritham/steps, i have my own steps which is different than yours. and the big problem is that how i can save cell number in EPROM like +92xxxxxxxxxx (13 digits including + sign or 14 replacing + with 00).

start doing it this way [ i would give you the steps/algo]

this would just be getting started program that when made reset will make a call
Code:
define direction and status of ports etc
initialize serial port for 9600bps 

send a logic 1 to the pin connected to power key
delay 1 sec
send logic zero to pin connected to power key.

serial_send("AT\r");
delay 100 ms

serial_send("ATE0\r");
delay 100 ms

delay 7 sec
serial_send("ATDxxxxxxxxxx;\r"); // where xxxxxxxxx is a number u want the module to call
delay 100 ms

for(;;)

we cant code the complete project for you ... you should be asking for help in the manner you asked in this post... like how to save a number to EEPROM

how i can save cell number in EPROM like +92xxxxxxxxxx (13 digits including + sign or 14 replacing + with 00).

well Evey one has his approach. when I faced such a situation in my last design, I ignored the country code as my application was for a specific country. and saved just the last eight digits.

if you want to save the country code as well save it with + , reason being the modem would send you the number in this format always, both for sms and call.

Suggestion: use EMEM and Block write function of eeprom.h

- - - Updated - - -

I will just share some snippets of my code
Code:
#include <avr/eeprom.h>
uint8_t EEMEM M11[9];  // M11 is going to be the array stored in EEprom

eeprom_write_block ((const void *)&numb1, (void *)&M11, 9);//  would write 9bytes from numb1[] in ram to M11 on EEProm

eeprom_read_block((void*)&numb1, (const void*)&M11,  9);  // reads 9 bytes from M11 on EEProm to numb1 on ram

Hope this helps

we cant code the complete project for you ... you should be asking for help in the manner you asked in this post... like how to save a number to EEPROM

well Evey one has his approach. when I faced such a situation in my last design, I ignored the country code as my application was for a specific country. and saved just the last eight digits.

if you want to save the country code as well save it with + , reason being the modem would send you the number in this format always, both for sms and call.

Suggestion: use EMEM and Block write function of eeprom.h

what is the address location of EPROM can you write a example program just to save number in eprom ? i have not used EPROM before this is my first time. i will be thankful to you if you send me some line of code to save mobile number

to understand this please follow this tutorial

example code

Code:
#include<avr\eeprom.h>

uint8_t EEMEM num_on_eeprom[9];   // this will allocate 10 bytes including the null byte at the end on EEPROM
uint8_t EEMEM num2_on_eeprom[9];   

uint8_t num[9];

//now suppose you want to save a number 99381960 to the first number num_on_eeprom 
strncpy(num,"99381960",9);  //copy the number to num
eeprom_write_block ((const void *)&num, (void *)&num_on_eeprom, 9);

similarly a second number can be added to the other location that we had defined on EEPPROM num2_on_eeprom

strncpy(num,"99381960",9);  //copy the number to num
eeprom_write_block ((const void *)&num, (void *)&num_on_eeprom, 9);

strncpy(num,"12345678",9);  //copy the number to num
eeprom_write_block ((const void *)&num, (void *)&num2_on_eeprom, 9);

// Reading is similarly done 
uint8_t number1[9],number2[9];

eeprom_read_block((void*)&number1, (const void*)&num_on_eeprom,  9);  // will copy the number from num_on_eeprom to number 1

eeprom_read_block((void*)&number2, (const void*)&num2_on_eeprom,  9);

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this would have helped

i have finished my project ......but there are some problem facing in program ... can you give your mail id i send my program and details

- - - Updated - - -

i have finished my project ......but there are some problem facing in program ... can you give your mail id i send my program and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back