Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gprs data transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

boddusaipavan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I'm trying to send some data through GPRS ,for that im using normal GSM dongle(Alantic edge modem-philips semiconductors). Which is responding fine with all the AT commands except with the TCP IP Commands.

I can't find what's the possible problem with it.

Does the GSM dongle has the TCP IP stack?
If not what is the best possible solution to send data over gprs.

Thanks for your interest in reading out this post.
Please post your golden advices/answers.

Last edited:

Does the GSM dongle has the TCP IP stack?
Not necessarily. The basic method for network connection, that's also used by all PC modem drivers is PPP protocol.

Hi FvM,

then can u give a simple example of sending data , after entering the data mode through GPRS.
i.e after i shoot this commnad "at+cgdata="PPP",1" it goes into data mode right. From there i cant move forward. wt to do from there?

should i simply put the code in PPP formate ?
If possible please hook me to some links, which can explain this stuff.

Thanks for your concern.

Well I solver it Using PAP CHAP scripts to make it simpler. JUSt search them in google you can find it. Just change the APN and dial number if necessary.

for further any douts : boddupavan@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back