Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS and Wiznet ...please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegsm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sirs, is it posible to use W3150A to dial-up GPRS modem like MC35i or another (without TCP/IP stack buil -in) for M2M connections.? If YES, is it some projects that can help me? I cannot contact Wiznet support...
many thx
regards, mike

thx aldevan .. i know that ..but i allready have some W3150a chips and i must start quickly this project...so my question is still alive.thx again
regards , mike

aldevan said:
with GPRS you can use unetethernet h**p://www.nchip.com/

No, you cannot use W3150A with GPRS modem. There is both hardware and software reason.

For hardware, W3150A is interfacing with Ethernet Phy only, or simply ethernet/LAN. However, for the GPRS, most of them are serial interfacing.

For software, W3150A can do ethernet packet, for LAN communication, but GPRS modem is using PPP packet.

Hope this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.