Status
Not open for further replies.

zia.newversion

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
People, please tell me which compiler you use for PIC programming, because I am starting to lose trust in HI-TECH C... It doesn't behave good with stack... (Stack underflows...)
And please let it be integrated into the MPLAB... I don't want to use any other IDE. MPLAB works best in Windows 7.
I desperately need some guidance here because I am frustrated trying to compile clean-looking code in HTC and getting errors that mean nothing.

HITECH C and Microchip's compilers do integrate well with MPLAB.

Cheers

Ravi

Hi,

Why don't you try boostc compiler :

"BoostC was designed to rival Hi-Tech C compiler. This ANSI C compatible compiler supports features like source level debugging, signed data types, structures/unions and pointers.
The BoostC compiler can be used with the SourceBoost IDE (Integrated Development Environment), or can be integrated into Microchip MPLAB.
BoostC works under MS Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7."

SourceBoost Technologies

i like very much the CC5X Compiler (which works with MPLAB)

I have been using the Hi-Tech compiler for many years and I don't think I have ever had a stack underflow?
I have tried a few compilers with Mplab and I cant see that they offer, in terms of C support, anything that Hi-Tech does not.
Hi-Tech has many thousands of satisfied users.

Maybe it's the code you are writing?
It would be interesting to see code that generates a stack underflow error.

Status
Not open for further replies.