Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Goclever Tab - does not charge battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

debi2

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I'd like to ask for help to repair my tablet.
It is Goclever 9,7". Unfortunately I'm not sure which model is it, probably it is R972, R973 or R974.
The problem regards battery charging. Original battery was damaged and has to be removed. I put the new one with similar parameters (7800mAh instaed of 8000mAh, 3,7V).
Tablet shows the battery level and shows info than charging is in progress, but physically battery is not charging.
I measured the voltage on the battery connections when AC power adapter is on and off - in both cases was approx. 3,7V. As I know, during charging it should be approx. 4,5V, am I correct?
I've tried to measure current also. After shut down tablet the amperemeter was plugged in the positive electrode of the battery and then AC power adaptor was connected. Current was 0.
I suppose this proves that device doesn't physically apply charging voltage to the battery.
Any ideas what to do now? I will be gratefull for any help.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back