Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gm340 motorola radio setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

james starke

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how do i connect a mic to the radio with a switch (think it is called ptt)
and i want to connect more speakers onto it (but do i need something like a amp and how many watts or ohms if the speakers would be connected one onto the other like a chain) (should be an easier way than t'ing it out of the speaker on the front panel of the radio)
what type of mic do i need - how strong and what volts or ohms (specs)?

my situation is that i have 6 freeband walkie talkies and a gm340 without mic and any cables. I know a friend who can tune the gm340 into the same freq as the walkie takies' freeband (if i search there model name on the net i should find their operating freq under specs?)

at school we have a rowing club and i want to have my coach talk to us from the motorboat using one of the 6 walkie talkies (using a diferent channel than what the other five walkie talkies are on - so he does not bother other coaches on motorboats when he is talking only to us in the rowing boat) we would receive him using the gm340.
the reason why i want to chain more speakers onto the motorola is because we are eight people in the rowing boat sitting directly behind each other and the ninth sitting facing us and shouting commands (and would then be talking to the coach on motorboat and mainly using the gm340 to communicate to the rowers through the series of speakers.)

please help me instructing how to connect this up -and as you can see i don't know much of electronics and all abreviations

* how long will the motorola work on a 12 volt 7 amp hour lead acid battery -- because the motorola specs says 13.8 volt

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back