Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Globally change object with Protel DXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
p*otel dxp

Hi guy,
How to change globally the object in Protel DXP.
Let say I would like to change all of letter font size of Silkscreen Layer from 70mil to 60mil. With Protel 99 I just click on that object and click on Global.
How do we do it with DXP?
Thank you
DV

dxp font

Hi:

I use Protel DXP for 2 weeks,

I do not find the same function in Protel 99 SE with Protel DXP.

It seems that Protel DXP no longer support the globle function.

You just can use the Function Key ==> Shift + f

to do the same things, but I think it really not good enough for the

people who had used Protel 99 SE.

Why Protel DXP do not support such good function (Globle Change) in the

property windows ??

protel dxp global change font

Hello,
Click on one object with the rignt button of the mouse. Choose "find similar object", give the paramaters to select objects and select it. Go to "navigator" panel and modify what you want. To clear the filter use "shift +C" on the keyboard.
You can find something on the DXP manual on the p*r*o*t*e*l web server.

CD

protel 99se is different from protel dxp ?

Global change is done by using "Find Similar Objects".

To globally edit multiple objects, right click one of the objects to be changed, and select "Find Similar Objects" from the menu. Choose the options you want to match in "Find Similar Objects" dialog, and click OK. The set of objects will now be selected, press F11 on the keyboard to display the "Inspector" panel, change the required value, and press Enter on the keyboard to apply the change.

It is a bit more complicated than Protel99SE, but it is a very powerful tool for selection and global change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back