Not open for further replies.

mamech

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have a winstar WDG0151 GLCD (see attachments for Datasheet), and I am trying to connect it to a pic micro.

I have seen a lot of schematics for GLCDs connections to microcontrollers over the net, so I noticed that they connect always a potentiometer with one of its termainals connected to Gnd
the second terminal to Vo and the third terminal connected to Vee.

But in the data sheet I found that the first terminal is connected to Vcc not to Gnd, while the second is also connected to Vo and the third to Vee.

Actually I did not find any other schematic does this (I mean connecting the first terminal to vcc)
all of the schematics I saw , the fist pin is grounded.

I am afraid that I misunderstand something in the datasheet, thus I may burn the GLCD if I do that.

Can anyone tell me if I am getting the matter correctly?

Attachments

• WDG0151-TMI-V#N00.pdf
    506.2 KB · Views: 63

Hi,

The diagram seem clear, just looked at a similar glcd and it shows exactly the same configuration.
As long as you use a 20k pot and start off in the mid position doubt you can do much harm.
To be safe, fit a 250ma fuse on the output of your 5v regulator and monitor the current with your meter as you slowly turn the pot.
https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/LCD/GDM12864H.pdf

Reactions: mamech

mamech

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.