Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting Through the MCU - PIC ARM and TRF7960+MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorrpeio

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Getting Through the MCU

Hello,

I have little knowledge of MCUs. I have written small codes in 8051.

Now, I am asked to improve the competency. I dont know what to do now and how to improve my skills.

These are the components available to me....

PIC evaluation board
ARM7 evaluation board
TRF7960+MSP430 evaluation board

I am very confused since I have very little knowledge and exposure. :cry: :cry: :cry: :?: :?:

Can anybody tell me..........how to start and what type of small and smart project to do to get good knowledge within short time. :?: :?: :?:

Any suggestion will be helpful to me. :|

Re: Getting Through the MCU

Although not on your list, take into consideration the PICAXE ..
As far as learning is concerned it's just .. the .. one ..

"The PICAXE processors are remarkable beasts; Basic Stamp like clones in single chip packages at a ridiculously low price. They have some very nice features, and, although designed for the educational market, should appeal to hobbyists, and professional developers alike.
Of course, there has to be a catch, but which processors don't have a catch somewhere ?"

and here is the rest of it:
**broken link removed**

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.