Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating OFDM with Labview through E4438C ESG

Status
Not open for further replies.

thavamaran

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I understand that I can design OFDM system with Labview software. My question is:

If anyone have experience using Agilent equipment, please help me out:

-Can we implement the I and Q vectors from the labview directly into agilent E4438C ESG vector signal generator via GPIB or LAN?
-Can we then upconvert the I and Q vectors to our desired frequency?
- How accurate will this be?
- How about demodulation part?
- Can I use the agilent VSA software 89601B with AYA option (vector modulation analysis) and OFDM modulation analysis option to demodulate this signal?
- I have agilent scope DSO80604B where I could use VSA on top.

Please advice. Thank you very much.

It depends really. If the Agilent instrument supports loading arbitrary waveforms to it then you will be able to interact with it from LabVIEW. You will just have to do all the work in LabVIEW and then load up the signal. The easier way would be to use a PXI Signal Generator because there are already coded examples showing how to support loading arbitrary waveforms. For more info, check out ni.com/forums since NI R&D and Applications Engineers monitor those boards for questions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back