Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Generating a 5V Clock Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHarmon

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
(Please excuse any stupid questions, I'm new to this)

I'm trying to generate a 5V clock signal to be used with this 74LS00 series binary counter:
**broken link removed**

I need a 4 MHz signal, but I'm really struggling to get any clock designs to work. What kind of circuit will be the easiest way to accomplish this?

Right now I'm trying to use a quartz oscillator like this one:
**broken link removed**

Current Circuit (Not very good with this diagramming program...), does anyone see a problem with that?
Capture.PNG

I'm using a 74LS04 inverter there to buffer the signal up to 5V.

Any suggestions? Once again, I'm really struggling.

Edit: The top left corner of the oscillator in the diagram is the squared off corner (Pin #1)

Hello,

does the oscillator works alone? It can be, that the oscillator output is too less to change the output of 74LS04. The 74LS04 needs a min. Input of 2V to change the output from "HIGH" to "LOW".

Best Regards

Rainer

PS: Sorry, if my English is not so good

The oscillator's signal is from 0V to 2.4V, which should be enough to trip the 74LS04

Edit: Got it, loose wire

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back