Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

General gerber file question in Mentor wg2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to output gerber file (Soldermasker layer) without vias. see the pictures!

The options of slodermask layer in my case

see picture

You'll have to open the "padstack editor" for the via padstack and remove the soldermask level pad.

Thank u. But How to remove TEAR TROP in slodermasker layer in gerber file?

Your Gerber setup file is incorrect. Because you selected the SMD pads and thru hole pads, you're getting the teardrops that are added in the routing program.

In the setup contents screen for the soldermask top, select "none" in the "layer" section.
Over in the "board Items" section, select "Soldermask Top", and hold down the shift key and select "board outline" if you want that included.

This will only plot out the soldermask top pads that are added in the padstack editor, plus the soldermask top drawing layer where you can add text if you want, and the board outline if selected.

You would do the same procedure for bottom soldermask. Also top and bottom solderpaste levels are similar.

I don't add soldermask pad in my padstack. so in setup of gerber options. I select layer1 in layer section. in Items select smd pad and thru pad.

sonicss said:
I don't add soldermask pad in my padstack. so in setup of gerber options. I select layer1 in layer section. in Items select smd pad and thru pad.

You should, soldermask pads need to be larger that normal pads due to registration problems. (pads should be a minimum .010" (0.25mm) larger.

Make your setup file look like the attached file here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back