Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Gcc: No Input Files Error in TI Code Compose Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderflower14

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I have downloaded Light Weight Bluetooth and am trying to compile in TI Code Composer Studio as a Standard C/C++ Make Project. I didn't do any changes to the make file. I downloaded the gcc compiler and have including the build command and build path in the properties of the the project. While I try to compile I get the below error:

gmake -f Makefile all
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, cat filelist, ...) failed.
--[OUT]--
gcc: no input files
gmake: *** [lwbt.out] Error 1

I am totally clueless and have been trying different things but it just won't go. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

which is the make file version you use.. Yes, this is a known bug in Make 3.81. If you can build Make from sources, your problems should get solved.

How do I know what is version of the Makefile. I am sorry if it sounds daft.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Hi Shiva,

I managed to find out the version. It is using 3.81. How do I build Make from Sources

I have downloaded Light Weight Bluetooth and am trying to compile in TI Code Composer Studio as a Standard C/C++ Make Project. I didn't do any changes to the make file. I downloaded the gcc compiler and have including the build command and build path in the properties of the the project.

What OS are you running the process on?

Where did you get the GCC and Build Tools packages, you had mentioned you downloaded them?

Do you have a CAT (concatenate files) utility available?

While I try to compile I get the below error:
gmake -f Makefile all
--[OUT]--
gcc: no input files
gmake: *** [lwbt.out] Error 1

BigDog

What OS are you running the process on?

Where did you get the GCC and Build Tools packages, you had mentioned you downloaded them?

Do you have a CAT (concatenate files) utility available?

BigDog

Hi BigDog,

I am running this in Windows. I downloaded the Mingw along with Msys from the official mingw site. I will copy and paste the make file which came along with lwbt.

CFLAGS = -I. -Wall -m32 -g

all: lwbt.out

include build_rules.mk

sources = $(shell cat filelist)
ifneq ($(MAKECMDGOALS),mrproper)
ifneq ($(MAKECMDGOALS),clean)
-include $(sources:.c=.d)
endif
endif

lwbt.out: $(sources:.c=.o)

.PHONY: clean mrproper
clean:
rm -f *.o *.out
rm -f lwip/*.o lwip/*.out
rm -f lwbt/*.o lwbt/*.out
mrproper: clean
rm -f *.d
rm -f lwip/*.d
rm -f lwbt/*.d

I downloaded by lwbt from this repository - https://github.com/lwalkera/lwBT.

Many thanks
Elderflower.

Here are the latest make, source and binaries for Mingw, the latest is make-3.82-5-mingw32:

**broken link removed**

Also is the Mingw install you used?

**broken link removed**

BigDog

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi BigDog,

I have the latest Mingw as you have mentioned. I have downloaded the latest Make file as well but the most daft question I am about to ask, I don't know how to install the Make utility in Mingw or do I need to run any exe file.

thanks.

If you have downloaded the latest binary of Make, just decompress and extract the TAR, you should have a directory bin with the mingw32-make.exe simply drag and drop in the bin directory of your original installation.

You should get a message asking if you want to replace the file, say yes.

BigDog

Just in case you have problems extract the bin folder I have attached it.

Attachments

• bin.zip
    99.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Bigdog,

I tried with your bin folder and replaced it but the MAKE_VERSION still gives it as 3.81. Am I doing something wrong

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Hi Bigdog,

I am not sure whether this will be of help. But I have downloaded Msys as part of Mingw and the bin folder in Msys has its own make.exe. Should I replace it as well? Which make.exe will the system use?

I tried with your bin folder and replaced it but the MAKE_VERSION still gives it as 3.81. Am I doing something wrong

Is MAKE_VERSION an environment variable?

Are you opening a command window and typing: "mingw32-make --version" ?

BigDog

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I would rename the make.exe in question and replace it with the latest version?

Hi Bigdog,

Yes finally managed to compile the makefile. There was one more problem and as you had pointed earlier, it didn't support CAT/SHELL command, so I have removed them and added the filenames and now I can compile. Many thanks for your efforts.

There was one more problem and as you had pointed earlier, it didn't support CAT/SHELL command, so I have removed them and added the filenames and now I can compile.

While that was my first inclination after looking at the error message, I have to admit I am surprised Mingw/Msys does not have a CAT utility, after all its one of the simplest utilities to port and is used extensively in MAKE files.

I haven't used Mingw in sometime, I may install it and investigate this issue further.

I believe the SHELL token just indicates to run the following external utility in a commandline fashion.

Anyway, I glad you managed to run the MAKE file.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.