Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gaussian Beam and FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangmuyang

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,i want to use FDTD simulating Gaussian Beam, now i have some problems, could anyone give some help, thank you very much.
i use FDTD solving 2—D TM model Maxwell equations(Just Ex,Ez,Hy), and assume Gaussian Beam progogating along Z axis.i add a souce along the X axis as:
Hy=sin(omega*t*dt) * exp( -( (t-toffset)/(width) ) **2 )

Problems:i just get the scattering process,but can not get the focus process.there are three images below,the first one my scatering result,the second one is that i used to get the focus result ,but there was no focus process in the image; the third image is the result that i want to get. could anyone tell how should i modify mu simulation to get the result in the third image. any help is appreciated.thank you.

Besides, someone talks about TF/SF method when simulating Gaussian Beam using FDTD,what is TF/SF method for,need i use.

thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back