Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Full-Bridge CLLC, high-side Mosfet Vgs self-turn-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghero89

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on full-bridge CLLC, and the waveform I got is quite weird.
Is there anyone who has such kind of experience?

Screenshot 2023-08-08 230207.png

Solution
Cảm ơn mọi người đã hỗ trợ, tôi bố trí lại PCB và sử dụng gói Mosfet 4 chân và nhận được kết quả tốt hơn.

Thanks everyone for the support, I rearranged the PCB and used a 4-pin Mosfet package and got better results.
Of course your resonant caps get hot they have a lot of current and a lot of AC voltage, what is the DF for your cap ? what is the peak DC & AC voltage rating at the frequency you are using ?

Watts ( heat ) in the res cap = Vac x Iac x DF, so for 100Vac and 5A ac and DF = 1% the heat will be 5W

quite a lot for a cap that is not designed for an heavy duty AC application at higher frequencies ....

So - look at the data sheet and do the calcs ....

After modifying the PCB according to your suggestion, the waveform got a lot better. This is the waveform when the circuit works at 2kW. Thank you for your valuable information.
--- Updated ---

Of course your resonant caps get hot they have a lot of current and a lot of AC voltage, what is the DF for your cap ? what is the peak DC & AC voltage rating at the frequency you are using ?

Watts ( heat ) in the res cap = Vac x Iac x DF, so for 100Vac and 5A ac and DF = 1% the heat will be 5W

quite a lot for a cap that is not designed for an heavy duty AC application at higher frequencies ....

So - look at the data sheet and do the calcs ....
Thanks for your information but my cap wasn't hot. The resonant inductor in series with the transformer is hot.

Attachments

• waveform.png
    waveform.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Oh - OK - the resonant inductor - yes these require expert design due to skin effect, proximity effect and core losses at higher frequencies and of course losses if you run the peak B too high

glad to see you are making some progress . . . . !
--- Updated ---

. . . what were the key changes you implemented ?

Is chanel 2 inverted ?

also you seem to be running a lot of magnetising current - looking at the purple waveform
Yes, the peak of magnetizing current is about 13.4A. Do you think it contributes to resonate components heating?

It would be nice if you could re-pay the group and list all of the exact changes you made that allowed your converter to run correctly - it would allow others to learn also - which is how the group continues . . .

Hi guys, I am doing the bidirectional power switch. I am wondering if could I use the same gate driver and the same gate resistor for both N-channel Mosfet as in the picture below, or do I need to separate them?

Attachments

• BS.png
    BS.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 47
  • BS_driver.png
    BS_driver.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 51

Only one device is ever turning on in the forward direction - so - that should tell you the answer

( hint the other device has it's diode fwd biased )

Hi guys, is there any way to turn on/off a GPIO signal at the dead-time period of PWM? I used the ePWM event trigger of TI DSP 28335, but it seems it doesn't work well.

Attachments

• signal1.png
    signal1.png
    398.9 KB · Views: 49

Cảm ơn mọi người đã hỗ trợ, tôi bố trí lại PCB và sử dụng gói Mosfet 4 chân và nhận được kết quả tốt hơn.

Thanks everyone for the support, I rearranged the PCB and used a 4-pin Mosfet package and got better results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back