Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full adder using 2 XOR, 2 NAND and 1 OR gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Lung

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So, just lerned about half-adder and Full-adder and got some homework on them. I got verything else vry easyly, but this one just wont seem to work for me! I've been working on it for 3 days now, and can't seem to figure out a way my self... Tried google search and still nothing... I really don't know what else to do...
I'm not looking for a done job, I really want to understand this and find my missing link, so any help is really upreachiated!

Last edited:

u can build full adder with 2 XOR, 2 NAND & 1 NOR

It's 5 gates in total, 2 NOR, 2 NAND and 1 OR. We have to use all of them.

Sory, wrong gates. 2 Xor, 2 NAND and one Or! No nor shall be used!

u can build full adder with 2 XOR, 2 NAND & 1 NOR

I Know that, that's the way the book has it, and I have managed to get it with 2 XOR and 3 NAND too, but I can't seem to get it the way the teacher asked for it...

Should i suposse that no answears means no solution?

So after speaking with the teacher, he said that he meant 2 and gates, he wrote it wrong... So there is actually no solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.