Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From spice .cir file to schematic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
.cir file

Hello everybody

I think it should be possible to get an schematic from a circuit description file, do you know the way to do this usin Orcad Capture 9.1?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INVERTER TRY

V1 1 0 PULSE (0 5 1F 1F 1F 5P 10P)
V2 2 0 5
M1 2 1 3 2 M_PMOS
M2 3 1 0 0 M_NMOS

.MODEL M_PMOS PMOS (LEVEL=3 W=1.00U L=0.25U)
.MODEL M_NMOS NMOS (LEVEL=3 W=0.50U L=0.25U)

.PROBE V(3) V(1)
.TRAN 1F 11P 0 1F
.END
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

cadence .cir to schematic

Do you expect that the program can do the transformation ? In this case the answer is NO ! (As far as I know, MULTISIM can do that)

Or do you ask if one can do this task by hand ? Yes, of course !

spice .cir

I think there is no program to do that.
But there is some research for getting layout of .cir file in literature.

.cir files in multisim

vbc said:
Hello everybody

I think it should be possible to get an schematic from a circuit description file, do you know the way to do this usin Orcad Capture 9.1?

INVERTER TRY

V1 1 0 PULSE (0 5 1F 1F 1F 5P 10P)
V2 2 0 5
M1 2 1 3 2 M_PMOS
M2 3 1 0 0 M_NMOS

.MODEL M_PMOS PMOS (LEVEL=3 W=1.00U L=0.25U)
.MODEL M_NMOS NMOS (LEVEL=3 W=0.50U L=0.25U)

.PROBE V(3) V(1)
.TRAN 1F 11P 0 1F
.END

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know it is impossible.

cir file

I have checked this problem again and the answer is - as already mentioned by me - YES !
The simulation program MULTISIM has a special feature to transfer circuit files (*.cir) into a schematic. However, sometimes it looks somewhat confusing. But it is correct.

cir model to schematic

Spice Vision do that.
Cadence 6.10 do that.
Multisim ? Version ? Where find ?
Possible EDIF output after ?

.cir schematic pspice

Multisim (former: Electronics Workbench) from National Instruments (ni.com)

spice schematic cadance

You are right LvW, Electronics Workbench is able to do that, so should be Multisim I guess.
I asked about Orcad Capture because I think Orcad Pspice A/D is good to simulate at high frecuencies. (In order to get the maximum operation frecuency)

Thanks for the suggestions ch1k0

cir file to schematic

I heard that we can write a Cadence SKILL script to get the schematic from spice code if you are using Cadence Virtuoso..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back