Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency generation with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiks

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generation of microcontroller

What is the easiest way to generator a frequency with a microcontroller? Is turning an output pin on and off with time delays in between the easiest way or is there a simpler way?

frequency generation from microcontrollers

with an AVR or a PIC you could configure the Timer Capture/compare module to make it automatic... i think after setting it... it's auto... I think... easier...

frequency generating using 8051

I have played around with the PIC16F628A, however I have never used the Timer Capture/compare module for anything. How do you go about doing this? I just need some pointers. Also how would the pulse be turned on and off in software? I do not have any specific application at present. Just playing around with the PIC for my own interest.

Many thanks

microcontroller frequency generation

U can Use The PWM module to generate the frequency thats half of the clock frequency using the Controller ATmega16L

frequency generation using microcntroller

Hello, I just went through making the same project... A good book I used is called timin' and countin' by square 1 electronics they have a really good section about using the ccp ( capture/compare ) module... Its really easy to use and it wont tie up the pic so it can do other functions while it is generating the set freq..... good luck! -Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.