Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency divider with PIC and quartz oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefangs

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I'm trying to build a simple frequency divider that involves a PIC and a quartz oscillator. It is not my domain so i kinda need some help in choosing and programming the pic. The ideea is that i should get a random frequency from the quartz oscillator (it is a didactic project so the division and the main freq doesnt need to have a certain value) and that freq to be divided by the pic and displayed on to a LCD or a oscilloscope. I would appreciate if you guys can help me with a schematic and a source code for the pic. As I said , im not that good at these things. Thanx!

Dear friend,

Which frequency you want to divide main or an external frequency .Display section is simple one.

I want to divide the freq that fed the PIC, meaning the crystal frequency. Let's say the crystal generates an 800 Hz freq.. i want to divide this freq 8 times so i can get the same signal but with an 100 Hz freq, and the PIC must do this division.

Status
Not open for further replies.