Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisg_ky

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know if i take a guitar amplifier and modify it to amplify a radiant energy signals being pull in form antenna. i wan to have only a input pos and neg and a out put pos and neg. seeing as a guitar ampifier is ran from house power i want to use it power it self with a antenna. im trying to amplifiy my current voltage and ampere from a radiant energy device design by nikoli tesla. thanks the amp is a first act M2A-04 amp. thanks again.

i want to know if i take a guitar amplifier and modify it to amplify a radiant energy signals being pull in form antenna. i wan to have only a input pos and neg and a out put pos and neg. seeing as a guitar ampifier is ran from house power i want to use it power it self with a antenna. im trying to amplifiy my current voltage and ampere from a radiant energy device design by nikoli tesla. thanks the amp is a first act M2A-04 amp. thanks again.

Reply: Dear friend:

your question is so unclear that I do not dare to try responding.
Please indicate what exactly you want to do? Try also a better English or indicate your language preference. I can write and read also in Spanish, German, Russian, Czech or French.

Reply: Dear friend:

your question is so unclear that I do not dare to try responding.
Please indicate what exactly you want to do? Try also a better English or indicate your language preference. I can write and read also in Spanish, German, Russian, Czech or French.

I was in a hurry to write what i was thinking. So yes i had errors in my writing but it is not unreadible. i simply left out a few letters to finish a word or a word all together. i dont need your help if you gonna try to criticize me in stead of helping. So yes i should proof read to make sure i have wrote what i am trying to say more clearly. So if any one else can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

i want to modify the guitar amp to take the radiant energy or frequencys and amplify them. but instead of using the house power. i want to use the frequencys a the power source. As nikoli tesla is doing with high radiant enegy device. i dont need the speaker. i just need to amplify the fequencys. so i only need a incoming power source from my antenna, amplify it and then sent out. so i need a positive and negative lead going in and out. that way i can hook my circuit in parallel. thanks.

There are wireless transmitters available commercially. They broadcast an audio signal by radio waves. You can make one of these from a project kit. An ordinary FM radio will serve as the receiver.

This is not the same as transmitting power. Tesla carried out many projects to transmit electric power without wires. He had a measure of success (if it's true that he lit up light bulbs at a distance of several miles). However it must have required enormous power going into the transmitter, while only a fraction of that power emerged at the receiver. It was no doubt inefficient.

Currently there are low power devices that do this. Example, wireless chargers. They send low power an inch or two. If you want to do the same over several feet, you may need to wait until today's technology catches up to Tesla's domain.

To succeed I think it will require a highly directional transmitter and receiver.

i dont want to transmit the power. i want to pull it out of the air and amplify it. Are vacuum tubes obsolete or can i use them to amplify my current voltage i am storing. i have been able to charge a capacitor to 8v and im am sure if i replace my antenna with a better one and a copper grounding round i will pick up more voltage. then i want amplify it. i read tesla and moray used oscillating vacuum tubes. Can i use them as well to amplify my voltage. i have already rectified the voltage using a full wave rectifier.

Say that you can receive 1mW power from your antenna. That is a lot, but possible if the transmitter not is too far away. Suppose that you also have an ideal amplifier (no losses) which can amplify that signal 1000 times. Output level from amplifier will then be 1.001 Watt. Enough for a small torch.
An amplifier requires an power source that can deliver the difference between input level and output level. In this case exactly 1 Watt while 0.001 Watt is delivered by the antenna. Power can not be amplified without power inserted from another power source.
One possibility would be to deliver power to the amplifier from 1000 antennas. As antennas affect each other must they be placed with some distance between each other. Say 1 meter long antenna and a few meter between each antenna. It will cover rather big area.
On the other hand do you then not need any amplifier at all, just connect all antennas together after that the signal have been rectified for each antenna. 1000 antennas and 1000 rectifiers will then give you 1 Watt, just enough to make a weak torch to light.
It is the same problem with your guitar amplifier, it can amplify weak signal so it can be heard in a speaker. Difference between input power and output power is delivered by the amplifier power supply, which in its turn is connected to the incoming house power-lines.

Tesla, he was a bit in show business. Similar to magicians/scientists of today, which invents new power sources such as "cold fusion" or car engines that can be powered by water and similar things. Reason is the same now as then, catch investors, for financing final details in something that never will work.

i dont want to transmit the power. i want to pull it out of the air and amplify it.

I understand there is large voltage differential between the ground and several feet altitude. The higher the altitude the greater the difference gets.

Is this what you want to do? Link to Atmospheric Electricity article:

Atmospheric electricity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theoretically you could loft a large collector (example, fan-shaped array of wires), carry current via wires down to the ground, and thus power electronic devices.

I've never heard of anyone doing this.

Are vacuum tubes obsolete or can i use them to amplify my current voltage i am storing. i have been able to charge a capacitor to 8v and im am sure if i replace my antenna with a better one and a copper grounding round i will pick up more voltage. then i want amplify it. i read tesla and moray used oscillating vacuum tubes. Can i use them as well to amplify my voltage. i have already rectified the voltage using a full wave rectifier.

There may be sufficient voltage at several feet high, and you may be able to bring in sufficient current to run low-power circuitry.

However it seems to me that you will need very large collectors to bring down enough current for you to run a guitar amplifier.

Solid state components require little power. Better to try them rather than tubes.

Tubes require a heater wire which means a few watts of power. At best you might obtain the B+ voltage for the plate (typically 300 volts), since that requires little current.

You can't amplify power unless you have the power to begin with.

Suppose you obtain 200 volts at a current of 1 mA. There are circuits that can turn this into 10 volts at 20 mA. Some internet searching may turn up successful experiments in this field.

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

Link to 1922 article, 'Power from the Air', claiming metal-film balloons are used to harvest kilowatts of electricity:

Hermann Plauson Science and Invention March 1922

Tesla, he was a bit in show business.

Tesla was not in show business when actually he was a practical guy, having very useful inventions.
He quote: “The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly".

Also, after Edison (one of the most hard-work inventors of all time) said "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration", Tesla who was Edison employee, made this comment:
“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search. I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”

If Tesla did not invent and developed the AC power plants and AC electrical power distribution, perhaps now we were using at home tens of car batteries (charged by neighborhood DC power plants) to supply our frige's, lights, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc.

So, Tesla was not in show business at all. He had just wrong name and origins for those times.

Of course he was in show business, and he seemed to enjoy it to.
Tesla did travel around and had shows for potential investors were he demonstrated high voltage discharges and similar, as some kind of master of death rays. He did also make spectacular shows in his laboratory, and spread photos from such events.
NikolaTesla 1.jpg
He did not invent AC or the voltage transformer, it had been in use for several years when he patented surrounding technology. Maybe was he original inventor of inductive generator and motor.
Tesla's concept for wireless free electricity with one power-plant as central distributor, powering anything including airplanes was wilder then most of today ideas about free energy.
**broken link removed**
He was without doubt better educated and did understand theory behind electricity better then Edison and many other of the contemporary inventors.
If he had got better support, had we today maybe not needed any electrical wiring in our houses at all. And free energy, controlled form one single power plant. Controlling that power-plant today, had been real power.

Tesla invented most important applications of AC, which at some point are more important than AC discover itself.

The same, Tesla invented the first radio before Marconi, but using Maxwell and Hertz theories, which in my opinion they are the real inventors of the radio.
In June 1943 US Supreme Court solve the long dispute between Marconi and Tesla, invalidating Marconi patents in the favor of Tesla patents which were granted years before.

Attachments

• The_Man_Who_Invented_AC.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 36

I guess the gentleman has no knowledge of electronics but he believes reading about Tesla's miracles is enough to know. Pity of time, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back