Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FreeRTOS AT32UC3C0512 vs AT32UC3A0512

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheetuz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

Been a while since I've posted on here :)
I have inherited a project based around the AT32UC30512 processor from Atmel and am looking to put FreeRTOS on it. Having a look around I can see that there is a freeRTOS port onto the AT32UC3A0512 which as far as I can ascertain is a slight variation of the other processor, I have had a look at the datasheet and the two processors are fairly comparable barring a few differences in peripherals.
I took the port for the AT32UC3A0512 and stuck it on the AT32UC3C0512 and voila, it runs, problem solved ... well maybe.

What I want to know is if anyone call tell me exactly what peripherals in terms of timers and the likes freeRTOS will use so that I can make sure that the register map is the same across the peripherals being used.

Also, maybe a bit of a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone knew if the register map between the two processors is the same in terms of things that need to be added to the context switch stack when changing between tasks, things like math registers or the likes that differ between the two that need to be saved?

It would also be great of anyone knows of any other gotchas to watch out for when porting freeRTOS across similar processors.

Cheers!
Pete

The files to look for porting to the slightly variation controller from Atmel AT32UC3A0512 is to read the files:
port.c and portmacro.h
and the configuration file for application

FreeRTOSConfig.h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back