Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fractal antenna research and design

Status
Not open for further replies.
antenna research and design

hi im doing my final year project on koch fractal antenna for the application of PCS system. now im having problem simulating it using microwave office. can u suggest me any other options

fractal antenna design +software +free +download

I'm starting graduate studies next year. Can anyone please suggest a topic on fractual antennas for me to study.

Electromagnetic

pcb design of multi band fractal antenna

Hi Eirp,
do you think a fractal antenna can cover a band from 6 to 18 Ghz (matching at least -10dB) with a linear polarization?

Merry Christmas
Lupin

properties of koch fractal patch antenna

Dear Mr Eric,

i am currently doing a project about Koch Snowflake Antenna, and i am a varsity student in my fourth year of degree program. you were saying that you have some papers/ informations about it, can you kindly forward some of them to me? my email is probctay2@hotmail.com

thans

eirp said:
Hello friends!

I don't know how much you feel free with fractals and fractal antennas(FA), so a few words about.
Fractals in electromagnetics is a new exciting topic, it was found that FA offers some improvements to classic antennas. Note that fractal is a strongly irregular structure, very complex and self-similar. There is a big difference opposite of "clasic" ideally smooth, Euclidean geometry - fractals have a non-integer so-called fractal dimension. They are a "natural" product of Nature, i.e. trees, clouds, seacosts are of course fractals. I can write many things about it...
Thanks to it fractal antennas then have next useful properties:
-They are multiband (one small antenna can support GSM900,GSM1800,UMTS,PCS1900 and BLUETOOTH!!)
-Their size can be much smaller than classical antennas (i.e fractal patches) ant they are still effective radiators
-Possibility to control gain
-...and others.

So it's my interest to study its behaviour, there is many non-answered questions at this field.
As a little example I attach two files:
1) Current distribution at Koch snowflake fix antenna (iteration level 3) at higher operating mode. Interesting fact is that the electric current is mainly localized at the fractal boundary. Current there has big density and the behaviour is like antenna array which results in higher gain. Of course, this antenna is also multiband. Computations were taken with IE3D, geometry created by self-made generator in MATLAB.

2) Analysis of Koch snowflake fix antenna (iteration level 5) based on cavity model. MATLAB+FEMLAB is used to calculate eigenvalues and eigenfuctions of this geometry. Presented picture electric field at 45th eigenmode. The behaviour is strictly different of, for example, rectangle, circle and so on.

I have many papers about this topic (and there exists many www pages too) and I hope that there is some antenna researcher which experiencies in with.

Nice weekend,

Eirp
**broken link removed**

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eirp on 2002-02-16 12:32 ]</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

be level project on fractal antenna

dear danesh,

heard you are doing your final year project on the koch fractal antenna. i am coincidently asked by my lecturer to do it as a small project of about 10 pages in a week time. i have no idea of what is koch fractal antenna. do you think you can possible help me up? (i am studyig electrical engineering at university of technology malaysia)email: probctay2@hotmail.com

danesh said:
hi im doing my final year project on koch fractal antenna for the application of PCS system. now im having problem simulating it using microwave office. can u suggest me any other options

fractal antenna for hf

dear eirp,

i am jeffrey, and i am currently doing a small paper/project bout koch snowflake fractal antenna. i know that you are in this line of research. can you kindly forward some informations bout the introduction and technical informations bout the koch snowflake fractal antenna to me? probctay2@hotmail.com. i have only one week time length by my lecturer and i have no idea what is koch snowflake fractal antenna all about. thanks.

eirp said:
Hi!

Is here anybody who is interested in this exciting topic(means fractal antennas, fractal resonators, fractals in electromagnetics and other applications)?? I'd like to share my experiences with other antenna researchers.
Eirp

lens antennas by angel vilaseca

hello everyone,especially to probctay and eirp.i'll present about koch snowflake antenna in my lecture next week.i searched all around library and the websites,but i could get nothing about it.i hope i can get your assistances in this topic.my email address is bbetty81@yahoo.com
can someone could kindly send me the info related to this topic.i thanks a lot.arigatou

printed fractal antenna

Hello, friends!

I'm now quite busy but try to reply via PM/mail to probctay and betty..
Thanks for patience :)

Kind regards,

eirp

printed circuit antenna fractal

egliu said:
Hi EIRp

thanks for your imformation. FA can provide a very broad band. It is potential to be used in Time domain measurement as a probe. But the problem is on its polarization. do you have any solution on it

thanks and regards

excuse me egliu, but what is the kind of antenna (or prob) you are talknig about? and the band? is they wire or microstrip or what? and yes, polarization purity is somesort of hard in the irregular antennas, but take care of symetry, and smartly use the fragmentation. some papers are in publish process, I wish you find further questions there, but it will be my pleasure if i can do any help.

regards, murti

fractal antenna on the ham bands

i'm currently designing a sierpinski multiband fractal antenna and i can't get any usefull information from the internet,

is there any mathematics formula that needed to design the fractal antenna and is it can determine the size of the antenna?

can u give me some advise and usefull info ?

fractal antenna pwb design

Do anybody know the way to calculate the characteristic impedance of a sierpinski fractal antenna(triangle)?

And if i'm doing line-edge feed, how to calculate the dimension of the line?

Re: fractal antennas pcb

Hey eirp this is really an interesting part as i am doing thesis on fractals it would be really helpful for me coz i want to show how fractal antennas can prove beneficial so please i can have all those links it would be helpful and if you have more data on it you can give me,

Thanks

Re: fractal antenna design software

hi
i am working on fractal antenna.Can u send me Design,boundary calculations and equivalent circuit of fractal antenna.
kp
kpahwa2002@gmail.com
Hi!

Is here anybody who is interested in this exciting topic(means fractal antennas, fractal resonators, fractals in electromagnetics and other applications)?? I'd like to share my experiences with other antenna researchers.
Eirp

I need a receive antenna for a 360 degree coverage. The antenna or antennas need to be mounted on the roof of a car so space is limitation. Fractals would work great but the challenge is that it needs to be multiband. all the way from DC to 3GHz the whole spectrum out there.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Re: pcb fractal antenna

Uploaded the Fractal Antenna article to Filemanger1 Under folder

Odyseus/FractalAntenna as a WinRAR archive.

The pdf is some 8M big (because I wanted to keep the resolution of some of the graphs and diagrams plus I'm not too experienced in scanning and converting to pdf!)

I have not been able to locate the mentioned article following the directions you provided. Please, send it to me if possible. You help is much appreciated.

I need a receive antenna for a 360 degree coverage. The antenna or antennas need to be mounted on the roof of a car so space is limitation. Fractals would work great but the challenge is that it needs to be multiband. all the way from DC to 3GHz the whole spectrum out there.

Any suggestions?

thanks

what about the pattern? and S11 limit you can have? with -10dB it would be hard. as it is on a car roof, I guess it will need a kinda backfire antenna, I suggest wideband antennas like vivaldi, or low permittivity DRA. Anyway, DC-3GHz is very hard, what is exactly the bands you need? Is it UWB? Otherwise you will propagate in licensed area... even with UWB it can only be from 3-10GHz right now. Let us know more about your design requirement. FYI, any means to miniaturize the antenna, including fractal or bended shapes, make them narrow band, at least less than the original design.

Re: fractal antenna design software

I would like to know that is there any method in HFSS to generate fractals itself..??

I am really confused about IFS approach. please share some tutorials for it. how can i connect IFS approach to the HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back