Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design inset feed for fractal patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai Prasannam

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.. I'm newbie here, :D
studying MSc Physics
I'm designing fractal microstrip patch antenna for my final year project on the Koch fractal antenna.
I don't know how to design the quarter wavelength feed and an inset feed for antenna in HFSS software.
How should I define the port at the feed point.
I'm using the HFSS software to design.
Thanks A Lot.. :)

Welcome, Sai.

A patch antenna is usually fed with a pin; you want to connect one end of the pin to the upper (fractal) side of the patch, while the other side of the pin extends to the bottom layer but has an air gap between it and the lower conductor of the patch.

The easiest excitation mechanism here is to place a circle over this air gap, ensuring that it overlaps a bit of the lower conductor and the entire pin. Assign a lumped port to this surface.

Good luck!

Welcome, Sai.

A patch antenna is usually fed with a pin; you want to connect one end of the pin to the upper (fractal) side of the patch, while the other side of the pin extends to the bottom layer but has an air gap between it and the lower conductor of the patch.

The easiest excitation mechanism here is to place a circle over this air gap, ensuring that it overlaps a bit of the lower conductor and the entire pin. Assign a lumped port to this surface.

Good luck!
Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you so much for the reply.
I'm unable to visualize the method.
Can you give some example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back