Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA with build-in flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesslyn993

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys.

I am a newbie to FPGA. I have learned about verilog code and done an assignment using Altera DE2 kit. I am planning to design and implement an elevator system on fpga.

I have been researching about fpga for weeks. And, here are some of my question that I wish anyone of you could help me:

1. I know that fpga does not come with built-in flash. I do not wish to use a development kit, thus I wish to know is there any other FPGA can help me with that?
2. If so, how should I burn the code I wrote into it?

Re: FPGA with build-in flash
Hi,
Each and Every FPGA kit can able to program using Read Only Memory. So use ROM memory.

Use a Microsemi part if you want a non volitle FPGA.

Lattice Semiconductor also have FPGA's with built-in Flash. The actual FPGA logic is SRAM-based and can be reloaded with a volatile configuration. The next time the power is cycled, the non-volatile configuration in Flash will be loaded again.

You should also look at Altera MAX 10 and (old) Spartan-3AN series, also MAX V for simple applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back