Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga simple circuit schematic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engr.Kamran Hameed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simplest fpga

hi, i lerant many concept about verilog programming now i am willing to shift my knowledge from verilog software programming to hardware related , i have no fPGA trainer borad and i want to load my verilog programmes in simple fpga ics is it possible with one or using two ics without using fpga trainer borad if yes please send me its hardware circuit schematic as well as idea how in simple one fpga may i upload my verilog programme?
on this my email address tooo

Engr.KamranHameed@gmail.com

examples of simple circuit

I suggest buying an inexpensive FPGA development kit. Otherwise, you would need to design and build your own multi-layer PC board for the FPGA. Gone are the days when you can plug chips into a breadboard!

Good FPGA development kits start around $150 US. Here's a popular one from Xilinx, the "Spartan-3E Starter Kit". You can download the user manual, schematics, example projects, and other documentation from this page.
**broken link removed**

Depending on your future goals, you may want a different development kit.
https://www.fpga-faq.org/FPGA_Boards.shtml

Here's the user manual and schematic for one of the simplest FPGA development kits, the "Spartan-3 Starter Kit". It's an older design. Good, but not very exciting.
**broken link removed**

Some good inexpensive kits are based on Al.tera FPGAs, but I don't know much about them.

multi fpga schematic board

Which part in the link gives sample projects? Any other useful information before I go to buy this expensive kit? I posted a similar question in another part of the forum.

I hope you guys can help me out too.

Thanks,
R

The example projects are at the link named "Spartan-3E Starter Kit Reference Designs". Or click here:
**broken link removed**

Most of the example designs use the PicoBlaze CPU core (free) or the MicroBlaze CPU core (EDK costs $500). Those may not be good examples for a beginner. A good starting project may be the "rotary encoder interface".

Before buying a Xilinx kit, you can download various PDF manuals for the board and FPGA. You can even download and install the ISE WebPACK development software (it's free). If you buy the kit from Digilent instead of Xilinx, you'll probably get different accessories in the box, so check carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.