Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA from / to PC Data communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamel85

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
In fact, I'm working on a project which aims to implement a reconfigurable Zigbee tranceiver on XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation platform which integrates a Virtex 5 FPGA. I am currently in the phase of real test.
First, I want to send my data from a PC to FPGA and receive it (to treat my signals on Matlab). Is this possible or not? If yes, Is there a solution for it using a medium of communication (e.g. serial link)
Second, is there a measuring equipment and testing (e.g. Agilent or National Instruments using PXI) which supports the Zigbee wireless protocol or otherwise IEEE 802.15.4 standard (i.e. RF Vector Signal Generator and Vector Signal Analyzer) of the analog front-end either in transmission or reception?
And thanks a lot in advance for everyone.

Yes, you can communicate with FPGA from MatLab. The medium of communication is via RS232. I think there are example codes available in MatLab for this which might help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back