Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA device and development board vendor selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keluoladuo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to learn FPGA design and want to get a low cost development board. I looked through xilinx and altera sites. They both have some boards I am interested in. Xilinx has an Avent Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard ($89). Altera has some low cost boards, ie DE0-Nano Development Board($86). I don't know which vendor I should select. It looks like Xilinx FPGA has wider applications but generally its development boards are more expensive that Altera's.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Jian

They will basically do the same things for you. Personally, I find the Altera Tools better to use, but Xilinx tend to be used by more people. Whichever you chose, they basically do the same things.

Hi keluoladuo,
You can buy the altera FPGA board,

Note: you have to add the shipping price with that ($86)

and if you are really interested means tell the board name I will the quote the price from a altera distributor.

Regards,
Mohammed.

Hi keluoladuo,
You can buy the altera FPGA board,

Note: you have to add the shipping price with that ($86)

and if you are really interested means tell the board name I will the quote the price from a altera distributor.

Regards,
Mohammed.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your response. I am interested in DE0-Nano Development Board. If you can help me quote the price from an altera distributor, that will be great.

Best,
Jian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back