Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Four square antenna simulation with hfss (or ie3d)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woshifanka

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
four square antenna

hi all , i am doing some research of four square antenna modeling .
i wanna do the antenna model with HFSS ,but meet some troubles .
anyone can do this model ? the top view and side view of the antenna ,and the paremeters are all in the pics .
i will appreciate your help .
my email is : fanqikai@163.com

4 square antenna

nobody can help me ?

hfss antenna mode

I think picture is not giid, this is not coaxial feed and solder point is not clear. Can you check sourse of this design. I know this antenna type but better to check. For modeling adn IE3D and HFSS are good, maybe IE3D are some faster in calculatiing.

how to build a four square antenna

I have no way to look at what you posted, but if you are talking about the four-square antenna that is 4 vertical antennas phased switched for different directions and usually used for HF work, you want to get a wire MoM code, NOT a volume meshing code, and NOT a surface meshing code. For very little expense, and in some cases, free, you should get one or another of the many many versions of NEC or MiniNEC. For example, check the adverts in QST magazine, or just Google it. The NEC and MiniNEC codes are quick and accurate for wire type antennas.

4-square antenna

thanks for your advices firstly .
as i am bad in programming , i want to simulate it use hfss ( as now i use hfss only), i have drawed a modle .but it is not right in results as the theis . maybe i made a wrong a model . but i hope anyone can do it use HFSS or ie3d ( now i use hfss only)

4 square nec file

Hi, Woshifanka: Please send your drawing to me at jian@zeland.com. I can build an IE3D model for you. It should be simple on both modeling and simulation for a 4-patch array. Regards.

hi jian:
i onle made a hfss model ,and it seems to be wrong.

Please send me the drawing and I can build an IE3D model for you. Regards.

Hi, Fanka: I just e-mailed you the IE3D model and result. Regards.

hi jian: i've got it . many thanks .
best
fanka

has anyone done four tear antenna simulation ?

hi,
the attached file is the mentioned antenna design in HFSS.
regards.

Dear habib83
thank you very much .
and i find you use the "discrete" instead of "fast" solver. if i want to run the hfss file quickly , can i use "fast" ? and which setting would be more right?
regards
kaka

Woshifanka did the model in IE3D work?? Can u possoble send it to me? Im testing differnet design in IE3D, and as Jian seems to be an I expert I would like to try a model whych should work.
Best Regards

Hi, Brunok: I am not sure whether I uploaded the model here (I certainly have sent it to Fanka before). Here is the model again.

Dear Jian :
thank you for you model again .
i make a pm to you , plz check, as the email sever refused me .
rgz
kaka

Hi, Fanka: I am not quite sure why the e-mail server refused you. I already replied to you on the private message. Thanks!

I also face the same problem, the result simulated by HFSS are not as same as the one on the thesis. Is any one kindly help me? Thanks

Hi, Fanka:

this asit also desising on four square array antenna using ie3d

if u could send me the ie3d design file of four square simulation antenna , it will be great ful for designing my antenna

my id is panda.asit@gmail.com

prior thanks

asit

Added after 2 minutes:

woshifanka said:
hi jian: i've got it . many thanks .
best
fanka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com