Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forming SAR radar image from measured data-urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbon9

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I built the cantenna radar system of MIT (http://www.glcharvat.com/Dr._Gregory_L._Charvat_Projects/Cantenna_Radar.html). I also designed a simple data acquisition circuit to transfer the measured waveform to MATLAB environment. Finally, I could acquire SAR data by putting a metal bin in front of the radar system and took samples at each 1cm along a 90cm cross range. The frequency is a chirp FM signal with bandwidth of 221MHz. Chirp period is 180ms. In summary, I acquired the data attached in this message (.mat file). The rows are cross range sampling positions and the columns are the acquired data over the chirp period.

Now, the funny part... I'm not an expert in radars and SAR image formation but as much as I know a 2-D FFT has to be applied on the acquired data. But it didn't give a meaningful image. I also tried the SAR code given in the MIT opencourseware page but gave errors as their sytem inputs the data as a sound file to the PC.

Could anybody help me for the image formation please? The 2-D acquired SAR raw data is attached.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• SAR_raw.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back