Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Formality RTL vs. netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywguo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Guys,

RTL vs. netlist verification failed using Formality. I checked the RTL code and synthesized netlist. Actually, the netlist was right. The fail is just because that some registers and gates are reduced that were always '0' or '1'.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks
Yawei

Hi ,

I am not sure .
But if you have some floating I/P when you instantiated a module , DC by default drive 0 . Please make sure you don't have any floating I/P .

Thanks & Regards
yln

looks like DC optimised ur netlist.
Try to use set constant 0/1 to the required pins to make the formality pass.

Hi All,

please write out the svf file while doing rtl synthesis and read that svf file in the formality and do the verification then formality will pass becuse tool try to map the design according to the name of cell/net in the both rtl and netlist. svf will give the naming change that has taken place in the rtl cell/net names in the rtl while converting it to the netlist.

Regards,
Ramesh.S

Added after 1 minutes:

or use the following commands in the formality.

match
match -heir
match -datapath

Regards,
Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back