Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For the design a 10 bit far adc, what should be the maximum offset of the comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gump38

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the design a 10 bit sar adc , what should be the maximum offset of the comparator

Hi Guys,
Iam going to design a 10 bit cmos adc, using SAR architecture, with capacitif dac, my question is : what should be the maximum offset of the comparator, less than half lsb ?

Thanks in advance

Gump

how to find the sizing of the capacitance for a 10 bit sar adc

Hi Guys,

Regarding a 10 bit sar adc, using binary capacitance for the DAC

How to find the sizing capacitance of the unity capacitance, thermal noise KT/C and DNL

For my example, 1 LSB =1mv

If I consider 1/2 LSB, Ihave found a capacitance of 16.5fF, but how to check , if it's the correct value for the DNL ?

What is the hand calculation for the DNL ??

Thanks in advance

Re: how to find the sizing of the capacitance for a 10 bit sar adc

Assume the offset is linear/insignificant (with offset-cancellation), the linearity is limited by the matching of the DAC capacitors and the DAC type (binary-/themometer-code). Binary type has fewer switches but larger DNL; both types have the same INL.

Hi Guys,

Regarding a 10 bit sar adc, using binary capacitance for the DAC

How to find the sizing capacitance of the unity capacitance, thermal noise KT/C and DNL

For my example, 1 LSB =1mv

If I consider 1/2 LSB, Ihave found a capacitance of 16.5fF, but how to check , if it's the correct value for the DNL ?

What is the hand calculation for the DNL ??

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back