Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For lovers of Philips ARM7-Based Microcontrollers (LPC21xx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvio

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lpc2138 tutorial

The Insider's Guide To The Philips ARM7-Based Microcontrollers (LPC21xx)
A Complete Introduction To The ARM7-TDMI Processor Core And Philips New LPC21xx Series
The ARM7 is set to become the 8051 of the 21st century and already many projects and engineers are moving to it. Long-standing 8051 vendors Philips, are pioneering the use of the small but fast ARM7 core in general purpose devices. The ARM7 is a 32-bit core with some advanced features which 8051 users will not have encountered before. This can result in a steep learning curve when first getting to grips with ARM7-based devices
It covers all aspects of the family, including the CPU core, peripherals and programming techniques. Each major topic is illustrated with an example program which can be run using the Keil uVISION3 ARM development environment, that is included on the accompanying CD-ROM.
The Insider's Guide can be used as the basis of a self-teaching course when used with the Keil uVISION3 compiler IDE. This includes a powerful LPC21xx simulator debugger that allow real ARM/LPC programs to be executed without any hardware.

Click here for the Insider's Guide Table
**broken link removed**

If you find interesting go and download:

Tutorial examples zipped (5MB)
**broken link removed**

Screen-resolution PDF with hotlinks (6MB)
**broken link removed**

cd room the insiders guide to the arm7 base

I found out the most recent IDE I download from Keil does not work with the excerise in the book. It must be some minor setup issue (I am a newbee). Is there a way that I can download the CD-ROM which comes with the book - so It is easier to follow with the textbook while doing the excerise!

Thanks,
Jaack Chan

lpc21xx

if there is a good ARM starter kit

philips arm7 book

If someone need it I've attached the unlocked copy.

Some hint about this type of chip.

For all LPC210x user take care about the reset issue, this type of uP don't have internal brown-out reset and you've to add externally a dedicated IC like the MCP121.

Also this chip don't have any EEPROM builtin, you can use some sector from FLASH to emulate the EEPROM behaviour (just read a sector in a buffer, make change, erase the sector in memory and rewrite the buffer).

Bye
Pow

Status
Not open for further replies.