Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter w/ Motorola MC2833 IC HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illu5ionz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mc2833

I'm designing a simple FM transmitter using the MC2833 chip. The datasheet for this IC can be found HERE.

I've designed my own filter and audio amplifier. All i need to figure out is how to input my audio signal to the chip, use the Oscillator and FM modulator and then output the modulated signal to my own power amplifier to transmit via an antenna. Is there anyone who's familiar w/ this IC that can clearly explain or help me determine how to get started (i.e. set the frequency, how to wire it up to use the oscillator & modulator)? Or perhaps offer a URL where this is explained?

I've read the data sheet several times over but i'm new to this and i don't know where to start. Please help! Thanks in advance!!

motorola mc2833

I can't see why you are having problems. The application in the data sheet explains everything. Just decide what frequency you want to operate on and pick your values using the table of values given on the application page. So you have to pick a crystal frequency and pick your values depending on if you will be operating it as a doubler, tripler etc. Remember that it is a narrowband modulator and will sound very soft (low deviation) when transmitted over a normal FM receiver 88-108Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back