Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flow of photons and duality wave/particules

Status
Not open for further replies.

legyptien

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a question regarding the duality wave/photon. We have a microwave generator which generate a wave of a specific frequency and amplitude. To calculate the energy of the wave during 1 period, you basically add the energy related to the magnetic field (its amplitude) and the one related to the electric field (its amplitude). We call that result VALUE1.
Each wave has its equivalent (dual) in terms of photons (it's not said properly but I think you got me). We can have visible light, X photon, Gamma photo... I believe a ''microwave photon'' can be considered as well.
If you consider a photon ''of frequency'' equal to the wave generated, we can obtain the energy of this photon by multiplying it by the Plank constant.
Once we have that energy, can we say : In one period of the microwave generated we are supposed to have VALUE1 joules which allow me to calculate the flow of photon ? In other words if you increase the amplitude of the microwave, you increase the energy VALUE1 which imply the increase of the flow ?

Thanks and sorry if I'm not clear

From what I understand, as you increase the amplitude of voltage going to the transmitter, you increase the number of photons jumping from it. A photon is a discrete packet, having a certain amplitude. My understanding is meager, however.

From what I understand, as you increase the amplitude of voltage going to the transmitter, you increase the number of photons jumping from it.

when you say it you refer to the transmitter right ? You meant jumping TO it ?

Transmitter = what the photons emanate (or 'jump') from.

By the way, to follow up on a question in your first post... The frequency of the photon has something to do with its energy. For instance, resulting in a photon's ability to penetrate walls, etc. There may be a formula for the way these various parameters interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back