Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Floating point to fixed point and vice versa in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean07

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...i currently working mu final project that would need me to use this conversion. Here what i'm trying to do:

1. let say i have this number in decimal 6.23456. I want to multiply this value with other value (integer) and display the result ( in fraction num) on seven segment using verilog code.

for example:

value a=6.23456
value b=6

c=a*b

by calculation...c=37.40736. How do i display this value on seven segment display. I'm using Altera DE2-70 board.

TQ

hi
you need to code a multiplier and a decimal to seven segment interface,to achieve this.
hi...i currently working mu final project that would need me to use this conversion. Here what i'm trying to do:

1. let say i have this number in decimal 6.23456. I want to multiply this value with other value (integer) and display the result ( in fraction num) on seven segment using verilog code.

for example:

value a=6.23456
value b=6

c=a*b

by calculation...c=37.40736. How do i display this value on seven segment display. I'm using Altera DE2-70 board.

TQ

for example:

value a=6.23456
value b=6

c=a*b

TQ

As dll_fpga said you need a floating point or fixing point multiplier ,

Altera Offers a floating point multiplier
h**p://www.altera.com/products/ip/dsp/arithmetic/m-dcd_dfpau.html

otherwise there are some free cores

This generator allows you to customize a multiplier to meet your own design needs.
This is the full set of Verilog code for the multiplier. It has been verified as a working floating-point
h**p://www.hmc.edu/chips/fpmul.html

Status
Not open for further replies.