Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

floating number and LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizwanishaq

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How i display the floating point number on the LCD.
suppose i have the 0.95 but we only send character and most of the program i found is of the character type. So how i write program in 8051 that i can display floating point number.

first you need to convert the number to string using sprintf and then write it character by character.

hi,
representing a floating point no on a fixed point cpu is the sole responsibility of the programmer.cos the cpu cant understand the floating point no.its the programmers interpretation.
just keep track of the "."(decimal point) and send the character (one by one) to the lcd.
i dont see any trouble in the process.

hi,
representing a floating point no on a controller is difficult if it doesnt support the folating point numbers.so the cpu cant understand the floating point no.its the programmers interpretation.
need to find out where the decimal point should keep and place the decimal pointthere in LCD.
i dont see any trouble in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.