Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Finding the way of doppler signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

logicpro9999

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a stereo signal coming from a car towards a radar and I want to understand is the car closing in on radar or is it moving out of radar. How to understand this just looking at the stereo signal? Signal has sine and cosine components.

I have a stereo signal coming from a car towards a radar and I want to understand is the car closing in on radar or is it moving out of radar. How to understand this just looking at the stereo signal? Signal has sine and cosine components.

what sort of signal is this ? Is this stereo as broadcast on FM radio ? On TV ?

The 'normal' radars work on microwave freqs of around 5-10 GHz (if memory serves me right), and it bounces its own signal from the vehicle. So its not clear what you mean by stereo for a radar.

Secondly - its not clear what you mean by sine & cosine. ANY signal can be thought of as a combination of sines & cosines. So do you mean the stereo signal has sine on one channel, and cosine on the other ? Or what ??

Does the receiver also know the original frequency of this sine and cosine ?? or not ?

Lastly, if you actually mean that we are doing Offset Carrier Demodulation, or quadrature demodulation or sideband filtering of the received signal, then the answer is Yes - we can determine the direction of movement

Last edited:

Yes we are doing quadrature demodulation and want to find direction of movement? How is it done?

Subtract the received signal from the original signal (downconvert) to find the difference if they are coherent or use a long fft to find the shift. If the new signal is shifted up in frequency, it is closing (blue Doppler). If it is down in frequency is is receding (red Doppler). Try to think of the sound of a race car as it closes in towards you and zooms past. It increases in frequency then falls back down after Closest Point of Approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back