Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding the range of RFID antenna - Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

:-)

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I was wondering how i could estimate the maximum range of RFID tag antenna, in simulation. I am ok with the simulation in HFSS. I have simulated the tag and able to get s11 and gain. But struggling to find proper method, for calculating the range. Hope somebody here could help...
Thanks.
S.V. Kumar.

Do you have a UHF RFID system?
You need to know the threshold power of your RFID chip. Then you can calculate the power at the chip depending on the distance and some other parameters with Friis transmission equation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friis_transmission_equation)

The range is depend of the reader power, the reader antenna the distance and some other parameters as stated in the wiki article.

Reactions: :-)

:-)

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi flanello,
I have simulated alien all-9440 tag. I dont have threshold power of RFID chip. It would be helpful, if i could get the threshold power of this tag.
Thanks.
S.V. Kumar.

You should look into the data sheet or try an internet search. Perhaps there are some papers that have measured the threshold power of that chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back