Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding Self Inductance and Coupling Coefficient in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeeshan143

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I want to find the self inductance and coupling coefficient of the Transmitting side coil and the receiving side coil in HFSS and compared my result with Ansys Maxwell.
Below the (figure A: Show) the self and mutual inductance of the TX and Rx coil in Maxwell. while the figure B show the coupling coefficient.

while I read in some post the finding of the self inductance in HFSS, use the following method that ( omega*L = imag (Z) ).... but when i compare the result of the Maxwell and HFSS, it does not match. so am I doing some mistake...
Second please guide me how to find the mutual inductance and coupling coefficient in HFSS to compare my result with the Maxwell results. (Frequency 85Khz)
(please guide me, Thanks in Advance)

Attachments

• Figure A.PNG
    Figure A.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Figure B.PNG
    Figure B.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Hfss.PNG
    Hfss.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 181
  • image_2022-06-09_215438661.png