Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final Year Project help needed please...ADS substrate Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmund_Toh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really needed help on this, i'm doing a circular slotted patch antenna for GPS and currently it is using a 1 patch layer and 2 substrates,FR 4 and Foam. I can't get the dual band frequencies i need, which is 1.575 GHz and 2.4Ghz. Right now, its the substrate that i think i have declared incorrectly as im new to ADS, this project is recently done in Mathlab simulation which obtained the S11 optimized parameters at those frequencies. Now i have to do it with ADS. So i really need someone with ADS skills who is able to help me solve this problem.

My Declaration of the substrate is shown as follows:

Air
______ STRIP Cond
FR4
______
Foam
///////GND//////

Should i declare via if yes how should i declare via and do i still need a new layer for via?

I am using ADS A2006. Really would appriciate the help given as this is my final year project and im new to ADS software.
Test Results.JPGTest Design port coordinates.JPGTest Design.JPG
I have attached the pictures of my simulation results and my design, if u need more information, u can just pm me or reply me to let me know. Thanks alot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back