Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final MSc-thesis, intelligent topic selection, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R110

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
thesis in speech processing

Hi all ,
I'm gonna select a topic for my final year thesis in the field of digital signal processing and digital communication.
I have passed speech processing , pattern recognition , adaptive filters, and also I have got CCNA (cisco certification in network).

I have these choices:

1- An application of adaptive filtering ( like adaptive channel equalization using LMS or RLS , noise supression from Audio signal, ...)

2- Speech processing ( very low bit rate speech ( or audio ) coding , VOIP , speaker identification , orking on defferent presentation of speech signal ( LPC , LSF , ..) , or .....

3- finger print recognition ( verification ,.....) .

Would you plz tell me in which area I can do a better project. " kind of projects which are more easy to handle , and I could possibly find more document and matlab source code and preferly I can do a easy comparitive job ( for example compare the results of defferent kind of representations ) to submit a paper and ...:D live the rest of my life in peace:idea: ) .

plz compare these area in defficulties and sources and ....
Are youdoing or have you done a project in these areas?!?!?!? I need your advise urgently:cry: In which area I could possibly find more people to ask help?

Thanks in advence

speech processing thesis

do chose speech recognition..
u got lot of algorthims...
u can also get the source code from net...if ur going to use matlab...

signal and msc thesis

i have done some speech processing in LabVIEW and presently trying to implement music processing on FPGA...

if you have access to LabVIEW, i'd suggest you go for speech processing.. from what i know, there's a lot of work waiting to be done in the area..

also a collegue of mine is working on Fingerprint recognition using LabVIEW.. its coming along quite interestingly..

regards,
wiztronix

voip msc thesis

i think finger print.....

Re: Final MSc-thesis, intelligent topic selection, help need

thank you very much for your kind replies ,
would you tell me in which area of speech processing I should focus? speaker verification , low bit rate speech coding ? ....

which one is better? and why?

better go for speaker identification/verification which is quite a burning issue these days and can be used for Biometric Applications.

Hi
what kind of biometric application does it have? would you give some example?

by the way do u have any thesis about speaker identification/ verification?

how about fingerprint recognition? does anybody have a thesis?

thanks in advance

For Biometric Applications refer to this link
**broken link removed**

speaker verification is the "hot" thing right now in speech processing...

there's also something known as "predictive vowel input"... or something like that...
thats basically the kind of thing where you can dictate something to a computer and it'll recognise those sounds and convert then into text... that kinda technology is ofcourse already available, but the impetus is on making it adapt faster to every persons slightly different and unique pronunciation habits...

regards,
wiztronix

Status
Not open for further replies.