Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

File creation in Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiruba_hdl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on H.264 Codec. There i am in a need to create a YYY.264(.264 file format). I have created the same. But wen i try to open this by the viewer like Stream Elecard viewer means it is saying "file cannot be opened".

Can any one suggest me a method of creating the files in different manner other than $fwrite construct.

$fwrite is useful for .txt, .dat. But for creation of .264. Is Anything specially needed??

Thanks,
Kiruba [/b]

Hi,
Much thanks for ur reply. I am not getting what u r trying to tell by the word called "unique".

Please tell me more elaborately. if possible give me examples..

Thanks,
Kiruba

Kiruba,

I don't think verilog has any other special constructs.
Using fwrite you can write in any format you want - like %b, %x or decimal.

Later you may want to use some other external tool to convert to required format that is readable by Stream Elecard Viewer.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question or misleading with my answer.

Thanks.

@ alaparthi

Hi,
Much thanks for ur reply.. Writing in diff way like %d, %x, %h is not a matter. Wat i am asking is how to create the .264 file format. When i am opening($fopen) itself i am opening as YYY.264 oly. After that i am dumping required data's into that by $fwrite.

But my problem is not opening. Way in which i am writing is correct or i have to write into the .txt file and Again i have to use any tool to covert to tis .264 format??

Thanks,
Kiruba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back