Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFT implementation on FPGA using microblaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

kajulkumar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[b]I want to implement FFT on FPGA..
i am using the approach of Microblaze processor...
A to D converter will give the sine function in digital form to the FPGA kit then this Sine wave will be sent for FFT and after FFT the result ll be sent to LCD for display.
all this management ll be done by Microblaze processor...
is there any approach to implement FFT on FPGA?
Is my approach correct for real time processing...
Thanks[/b]

The Xilinx core generator will make an FFT module.

You will have to create a "wrapper" to attach it to the MicroBlaze. I did something similar but ran out of time and didn't test the FFT core with the MicroBlaze. I connected them using the Fast Simplex Links (FSLs).

i am implementing fft on fpga...

the approach i am using is microblaze processor...

i am taking sine wave from function generator via A/D converter...

i need its ip core...

i am then implementing FFT on the received digital signal from A/D converter...for this i need FFT ip core which is available on core generator....

then i am sending the out put for LCD to display the result...for this ip core for VGA port is required...

all this management is to be done by Micro Blaze processor...which can be programed on the C language..

ths is my approach..

if u agree then plz let me know that how to get these core i.e A/D converter core and VGA ip core ....
kind of u for replying em a biggner student and i would like to fullfill the project which u left due to shortage of time...
thanks

The ADC controller core will depend upon the interface of the converter. You may have SPI, I2C, Microwire or parallel etc.

Which FPGA development board are you using?

Have you successfully instantiated a MicroBlaze and ran some test code?

If you search for some of my old posts you will get some clues :).

I used a Digilent Spartan 3E 500 starter kit. I tried a Nexys 2 before that but needed RAM.

i have searched the ip cores for fft and VGA to connect them to the MB processor...
FFT is available to me and i have found out the VGA ip core to connect it t MB processor...
plz help me out in finding that how i should connect A/D convertor input to the MB processor???

sir i have the cores available...
i dnt know that how to connect the core with the MicroBlaze processor...
i am at the beginning level and still learning..
it u have connected the ip core with MB processor then plz let me know or if u can recommend me any tutorial to learn that...
if u have any data with u related to connecting fft with microblaze then plz share it with me...
kind of u...

thanks

You can generate a FSL peripheral which connects to the MicroBlaze. It will not do anything useful until you modify it though.

What ADC are you using?

ADC means???
simple A/D convertor...
which is there on the Kit spartan 3e-sk-uni-g
For the Sine wave coming from Signal Generator...\]

Added after 3 hours 55 minutes:

ok i have searhed it out ...
i have got the clue abt the linkaging ...
bt i have searched a lot abt the ADC core...
i need a link where i can find it...
kind ov u em a bit worried abt finding it....
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.